Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's the prettiest time of year~ wildflower season!


Patches of the hill are just covered with locoweed.


Lilac penstemon~ they're so pale that when the light catches them right, they seem to glow.


The tall pink one is called fairy trumpet.


Indian paintbrush~ I think it's my very favorite.


blue flax


Richardson's geranium


Pussytoes~ they look and feel like tiny kitten paws. ^_^


What in the world are these? They might be young ground cherries, but they really don't look like any pictures I've found. I'll just watch and see what happens to them. This will be our tenth summer here, but I don't think I could ever run out of new things to discover.

Here's a little peek of what I've been working on this week~

There's some color on it now, but it will be a poster for the Sawatch Mountains Campout & Music Festival (in August, in Buena Vista, CO). We're going up to the mountains this weekend! Gil's band is playing tomorrow and Saturday night in Red Cliff (near Vail), and Sunday in Glenwood Springs. I'm at home down on the plains, but part of my heart is in the high country. Summer love to you all~

No comments: