Monday, April 20, 2009

*sigh* April showers bring May flowers~


It was a big one! It started snowing late Thursday night (school let out early on Friday), and it kept up until Saturday evening. The power flickered on and off several times Friday night and was out for 2 1/2 hours on Saturday morning. I was a little bummed that it came back on so quickly, but I'm sure it was for the best. ;) The kids built an igloo.


They were ambitious~ it was really big, but they wanted it big enough for both of them. :) They finished that layer that Cat is leaning on there, but got tired and came in. Gil and I went snowshoeing.


The woods were so quiet, except for snow falling off branches. There were a lot of limbs down after such a heavy, wet storm. Sunday was sunny and warm, so we went down to Cherry Creek.


Here, the creek is hardly ever this high and fast! We all threw snowballs in the water to watch them float away, and Gil and Sam threw big chunks of snow off a bridge to see them splash. LOL


We saw a great blue heron nest (it was so big that I could have sat in it), meadowlarks, a bluebird, and ducks and geese.


The creek had flooded in many places, but the cottonwoods don't mind at all.


No green leaves yet~ spring is taking its own sweet time. It's supposed to get to the upper 70s this week (huzzah!), so I think I'll take Gretel down to the creek one day. Have a beautiful week, my friends. XOXO

3 comments:

Heather said...

woah! look at all that! wishing you a springtime very soon :)

canngil said...

just a thought....you have so many logos at the top of your page it takes forever to get down to your blog. can you tweak the page maybe? I enjoy your comments, but my poor finger is getting tired!

Kristina Layton said...

Heather, I'm SO ready for it! It's coming!

Penelope, oh dear! Does this format (the standard "scribe" with a few tweaks) look differently than I am seeing it? I should only have the one title banner/logo at the top (the goldish one with the moon) that's about 2 inches wide, and my blog posts should start right below that. I do have a lot of stuff in my sidebar (on the right?), but you shouldn't have to scroll at all to begin to read the posts. I'll check it on another computer~ what does it look like to you? Thank you for the heads-up and the visit! :)