Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ghost Flower




Also called Indian Pipe, this tiny flower makes no chlorophyll, but grows from decaying leaves on the forest floor. This girl came to me dressed as a 17th century New England Puritan, but so far has kept her story a secret. What is her name? Was she hung for witchcraft? Did she accidentally gather poisonous mushrooms? Did she die of a broken heart? Why does she haunt her woods?

If YOU write her story and post it in the comment section here, I will send you a FREE 5x7 print of her! Please include your email or a way I can contact you for your mailing address. No matter how short or long, silly or sad, just make sure her story is spooky! Happy haunting!

3 comments:

Julia Guthrie said...

Oh this is lovely Kristina! And such a nice idea to write her story :)
I shall have to get my thinking cap on *grins*

Heather said...

Ooooh, fun! you KNOW I love a good ghost story....I will put this one on my list and mull it over....bwahaha....

Alyson | New England Living said...

I finally was able to get on your blog and see the work you told me about. For some reason, I couldn't get on your blog before. It wouldn't let me. Beautiful work! I think she might be my ancestor!