Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Field trip! Two weeks ago, I went with Sam's class to the Manitou Cliff Dwellings in Manitou Springs, at the base of Pikes Peak. I was really excited when I first heard about the trip, because I didn't think that Anasazi had lived this far northeast. Well... I was bummed to learn that actually they never did and the walls of these cliff dwellings were brought from Mesa Verde and rebuilt into cliffs in Manitou, but it was really cool anyway!








the kiva




Sammy crack corn and he don't care


an oven, a papoose and a lion








This cloak of turkey feathers was my favorite thing there. Beautiful! Anyway, for some self-searching/self-absorbed reason, I painted a self portrait last month.



It looks a bit crazy, but pretty realistic. ;) I have so many ideas for things to paint this summer. The hill is full of wildflowers now~ with a very special summer flower-inspired show coming up soon! Have a beautiful day, friends!

1 comment:

Kathleen Coy said...

Oh, I LOVE this painting, you look like a woodland goddess!!!