Thursday, September 16, 2010

What a dry summer it has been! Last week there was an awful wildfire in Foumile Canyon, in west Boulder County. Strong winds spread the fire quickly and the rough terrain made it harder to fight. Over 160 homes were lost, the worst fire in the state history. This area is right in between two of the places I love best, Nederland and Jamestown. I'm auctioning a new painting on my Facebook page to raise donations towards relief efforts, HERE , or at the top of the sidebar on the right. I understand that it's tough times for everyone to give everywhere, but if you're interested in owning this piece anyway, please do place a bid!


One of the first wildflowers to bloom after a fire, Fireweed grows in bright sunlight. Though patched and barefoot, she holds hope that the forest will grow again.

1 comment:

Julie Smith said...

Stumbled across your site this morning and think it is so lovely. I grew up in Colorado southwest of Denver in the mountains. I was saddened to hear of the devastation of the fire, but applaud your efforts in raising funds of which I am short at the moment, but am sending loving, light, and blessings to the folks who have lost their homes, the creatures who are building anew, and the trees, grasses, and wildflowers who will start again as seed.

Love your site and will visit again.

Blessings,

Julie